Client is looking for Mid Level AWS Developer
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Duration: 6 month contract (High likelihood of extensions)
Process: Phone Screens /Skype
-AWS Engineering Experience
-Experience with the creation of AWS services (VPC, Route 53, ELB, EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS
-Experience writing scripts in (python/bash etc.) -doesn't necessarily have to be this language
-Experience using Packer & Terraform
List the essential and preferred requirements for this job; including years of experience, education, certifications, skills and abilities.
- Work closely with the development teams to define the tools, processes and implementation to support fast iteration software development.
- Design and deploy scalable, highly available, highly reliable and fault-tolerant systems on AWS for business solutions ranging from independent to complex systems.
- Migrate existing on-premises applications to the AWS platform.
- Manages the implementation of architecture and provides technical mentoring, guidance and clarification to other architects and technical implementation resources.
- Select appropriate AWS services to design and deploy an application based on the business requirements.
- Implement cost control strategies on the AWS infrastructure.
Key Skills and Experiences:
- DevOps on an AWS platform.
- Must have experience in containerization platform services (Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry).
- Ability to facility architecture decisions related to AWS services (VPC, Route 53, ELB, EC2, ECS, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, Lambda, DynamoDB, Kinesis, etc.).
- Experience in building and deploying applications on the Cloud, using CI/CD frameworks and Infrastructure automation.
- Exposure to End-to-End Monitoring (CloudWatch, ELK, etc.).
- Design roadmaps regarding the AWS Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) architecture.
- Hands-on experience with Packer, Terraform and AWS CLI.
- Knowledge of Reverse Proxy / SSL: Apache, nginx.
- Experience in supporting Node.js application.
- Experience with Level 1 support, monitoring of customer facing systems and participate in 24/7 on-call support activities.
- Experience or exposure to infrastructure automation concepts (such as "ChatOps") and tools (such as Hubot) would be a plus.
BS or equivalent in one of: CS, EE, Math, or Physics required.