Work Location : Jersey City, NJ
Duration : 6+ Months of contract
· Solid working knowledge of next generation data and analytics capabilities built on the Spark/Scala, Kafka and Hadoop ecosystem.
· Understanding of design patterns, application architectures and analytics workloads and drivers for Spark/Scala jobs.
· Should be able to tune Spark/Scala solutions to improve performance and end-user experience.
· Familiarity with Data ware Housing, ETL, BI, Visualization tools, Machine Learning
· Excellent problem solving, hands-on engineering skills and communication skills and ability to lead the team and resolve their issues.
· Interact with client for requirement understanding and status reports.
· Professional Experience Preferred
· Knowledge/experience of AWS EMR
· Good to have experience in Application development and deployment.
· Good to have Cloudera/Hortonworks/Spark Certification – (not mandatory)
· Good to have Core Java knowledge.
· Experience with Maven, Git, Sbt
Technical Skills Required
· Any combination of below technical skills
· Big Data: HDFS, Spark & Scala,
· Processing & Streaming : Spark 2.x, Kafka
· NoSQL: Couchbase
· RDBMS: PostGreSQL
· Languages: Java, Scala, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP