Job Title: Big Data Engineer
Location: Mountain View, CA
Duration: 6-12 months
· Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
· Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
· Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
· Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
· Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
· A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
· Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
· Strong project management and organizational skills.
· Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
We are looking for a candidate with 3-6 years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
· Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
· Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
· Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
· Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
· Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.